Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wendy's Quiet Book

Today's quiet book comes to us from Wendy, a grandmother living in Spain and author of the blog Spanish Crafter. It's very cute and has some great ideas. Some of the things I love about it are the buttons on her weaving page (such a great way to keep the fabric strips from flopping everywhere!), the bead page with tons of beads on strings, the alphabet bead page with square beads that can be rotated around to spell new words, the adorable flower page, and the alphabet page with letter flaps.

There's lots of great ideas in here! Enjoy!


Interview

What's your name? Describe yourself in one sentence. 
My name is Wendy L (Spanish Crafter) and I am 57 years old, retired and living in Spain.
 
Who did you make this quiet book for? How old are they?

I have 3 grandchildren, so this is for the eldest granddaughter Hollie who is 3 years old.
 
What's your level of sewing experience?

I used to sew when my sons were little and I had to buy a new sewing machine to make this book as mine was over 34 years old.

How long did it take you?
This took me about 2 to 3 weeks, maybe 40 or 50 hours in total.
 
Did you use any templates? Where can they be found?

I looked on Pinterest and YouTube for inspiration.
 
How did you bind your quiet book?

I used a Crop o Dial to punch holes and  grommets with 2 1a d 1/2 inch rings to bind it.

What material are the pages made out of?
It is made from felt as that means no fraying.

How much did all the supplies cost you?
Hard to say how much it cost as I am a card maker so many of the things I used I already had in stock.

What's your favorite page? Why? 
Hard to choose a fave page as I like them all and hope Hollie will too.  I like the counting page with the buttons underneath each flap.

To see Wendy's quiet book on her own blog, check out these posts:
Spanish Crafter: Sshhhh Quiet
Spanish Crafter: More Quiet Book
Spanish Crafter: More Quiet Book Pages
Spanish Crafter: More Quiet Book and Finished


Wendy, thank you so much for sharing your great quiet book with us!

 
Have you made a quiet book that you'd like to share? Click here for instructions on how to submit your own quiet book!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing my book. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wendy, I am looking at making One myself. What thickness felt would you recommend for the pages?

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Wendy. A lot of hard work but well worth it.

    love Val x

    ReplyDelete